Friday, August 26, 2011

Oh Geez...

Miss Martha's tried-and-true Chocolate Chip with nuts

Okay, don't hate.  I know some of you may feel like pulling out your hair at this comment.  The holidays are almost here.  For serious.


Nigella Lawson's Rocky Road Bars

Listen...I'm no slouch when it comes to baking.  My brain juices are pretty bomb.  Evidence, here, here and here.  But, I also start to feel overwhelmed this time of year.  My holiday cookie list has well over 50 people.

Oreo-stuffed Chocolate Chip Cookies

So, while the ease of creation is important - the taste is more so.  I always start with a recipe that looks promising, and ultimately tweak it past the point of recognition.  How could I send out a cookie that I didn't invent?  Geez.  Who do you think I am?

Ina Garten's Pecan Shortbread
 So now, the question is - which one?  None may actually end up looking or tasting like the initial batch, but I've got to start somewhere...

No comments: