Monday, July 18, 2011

Art.Surf.Shop.



I had the pleasure of attending an art opening this weekend, at Mollusk Surf Shop (website, here).  100 paintings by an amazing artist, priced for anyone who might fall in love with one.  I was, of course, running late.  Imagine that.


Yeah, by the time I got there, most of my favorites were already snagged.  Boo.


I'm a trooper, though.  I swooped in to snag one of the last that I had my lil' eyeballs on.  Okay, I didn't swoop in...I stood next to the list and refused to let anyone get a word in until I screamed my number out.  Yeah, that sounds more accurate.


 But who cares.  I now have a great piece of original work by an artist I admire.  And, it didn't break the bank.  Plus, I was even promised a studio visit to chat with him (since the rest of the world wanted a word, too).  In the meantime, check out the rest of his works here.

No comments: