Monday, June 6, 2011

Tribute to Tribal


I love the idea of the tribal trend.  I love the colors, the textures and prints.  But...I am far too white.  I wish I could wear a floor-length caftan with the loudest print know to man.  But - sigh - this is not in the cards for me.  
Next best thing?  How can I pop this trend into my wardrobe, without seeming forced, garish, or worse - wrong?  First up: Missioni for Havianas.  The comfort of Havianas patented rubber soles, with the colors and prints from the Missioni gods.


Then, I discovered Josh Goot (courtesy of Jak&Jil.com).  While this dress may not traditionally fall within the tribal framework, I consider it to be a modern translation.  And, one I would love to wear.


The California-girl in me can't help but fall in love with this take.  Easy, chic and bohemian, but punched up with huge, tribal-inspired accessories.  I could wear this every day.



*photos: havianas.com, jak&jil.com, theSartorialist.com

No comments: