Friday, June 17, 2011

Danger Pie


When I think back to the desserts I ate as a kid, I only remember the taste.  I was never a snob about ingredients or "made from scratch".  I just wanted something to taste rich, sweet and creamy.  When I discovered this recipe, I knew this was next on my list to share.


I knew my crust was not going to be graham crackers.  I grew up with icebox pies having vanilla cookie crusts, and I wasn't going to stray from their magical taste.


Learning how to make toffee by boiling cans of sweetened condensed milk for hours.  I'm fairly certain this is where the "danger" bit in the name comes from.




 Whipping cream and vanilla sugar (okay, maybe not store-bought...but I had to put my spin on it).




I will apologize in advance.  I didn't ever get a final shot of the pie.  Straight to the fridge, and then it was off to its happy mouths.  But just know, it's good.

No comments: