Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Coming Home


I've gotten a few requests for photos of my own apartment.  Whether it's my interest in interior design, or my love of do-it-yourself projects, I wave a huge flag in the camp of "design can make all the difference".  My apartment is nothing spectacular, and it's located in a small building in a less-than-desirable part of town.
But...the bones were great!  Lots of natural light, super high ceilings and large, uninterrupted walls.  Two bathrooms and a rooftop deck don't hurt either.


My sewn-in-the-middle-of-the-night curtains (19 feet long!).  My dream rug, found online for one-third of the price.  And a row of cheap-y plants from IKEA.


Twenty-plus-foot ceilings left some struggles when trying to add color.  I opted, instead for an accent wall, and gave it a 9-foot snap line to draw some warmth and coziness to the reading corner.


Perhaps the worlds' smallest bathroom.  My girlie nonsense can't ever be as spread out as I would like, but I think the cabinet doors would tell a different story, altogether.


Amazing what crisp, white sheets can do to freshen a room.  Plus (not that you could tell), I used a blue-toned white for the main wall to tie together all the cooler tones and add some calm to the bedroom.

No comments: