Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Rad.ziner.



There's something very perfectionist about an architecture firm that starts taking over the building practice as well.  Did I say "perfectionist"?  I meant perfect.  I meant brilliant.  Architects that manage their own in-house contractors.  Wait...what?  Yeah, what I just said.  So, specifications are exactly as drawn.  Materials are the exact quality, shade, and grain the architect envisioned.  The final look and feel of the shelter has the hand of the architect and design team all over it.  Can you say "control freak"?  I can.  I say it bouncing up and down, clapping my hands while I do it, though.  I imagine you are doing the same.  




If you aren't familiar with the work by Marmol Radziner, there's a great article (available here).  Or you can just swing by any Southern California, metropolitan city (gas prices be damned!)...they've made their mark somewhere.  Or, simply check out their extensive catalogue of work (seen here).

* photos courtesy of marmolradzinershops.com

No comments: